Information to Visitors (COVID 19)
LAST UPDATE: 16/05/2022
MADEIRA SAFE TO DISCOVER
TRIPS FROM ABROAD TO MADEIRA AND PORTO SANTO
OR INTER-ISLAND TRIPS
There are no restrictions on the entry of travellers at the airports, ports and marinas of the Autonomous Region of Madeira.
When planning your trip to Madeira and Porto Santo, it is important to know the local regulations in force regarding the prevention and containment of COVID-19, namely:
1. Positive Cases
Determine the mandatory confinement for a period of five days, in the home or in the hotel establishment where accommodated, at the person’s own expense, in the following situations:
a) Patients with COVID-19 and infected with SARS-COV-2;
b) Residents of the Autonomous Region of Madeira, as well as visitors, can then resume the normal activity on the 6th day should they not have symptoms, without having to carry out a TRAg screening test for SARS-CoV-2 infection.
2. Isolation of Contacts
Persons who have had contact with a positive case, regardless of their age, do not need to isolate. However, persons who are not vaccinated or those with an incomplete vaccination scheme, as well as persons up to 17 years of age (inclusive) who reside with positive cases, will be tested on the 5th day.
This test is free and will be made available via the S-ALERTA/CIDADAO application - https://s-alerta.pt/cidadao, after the receipt of an sms with a code. The test can be performed at one of the adhering testing stations in the Autonomous Region of Madeira.
"S-ALERTA CIDADÃO APP"
The use of the app https://s-alerta.pt/CIDADAO/ by locals and visitors is recommended, so that the self-management of the health status can continue to contribute to the monitoring of the pandemic in the Autonomous Region of Madeira, in collaboration with the health authorities. It also serves as a tool for the obtainment of declarations and certificates related to Covid-19 disease.
TRIPS FROM MADEIRA AND PORTO SANTO
Passengers must be aware of the travel restrictions and entry requirements for the country to which they will travel, therefore we advise that travellers confirm the information along with official government entities so as to ensure that they are able to reach their destination.
To consult the regulations applicable to the destination of origin, namely in the case of passengers coming from EU member states (and Schengen Area), we advise that you consult the official website of the European Commission - https://reopen.europa.eu/pt.
Consult the list of clinics and pharmacies, in the Autonomous Region of Madeira, where passengers can schedule an appointment for the purpose of carrying out rapid antigen tests, at their own expense.
OTHER SPECIFIC MESURES
• Tests undertaken before returning to the country of origin are the responsibility of the passenger, i.e. at his/her own expense;
• Testing during the stay will only be recommended for those who have symptoms, with a high temperature, equal to or greater than 38ºc, regardless of the vaccination status.
The use of a mask is mandatory, for persons from the age of 6, for the access or stay in the locations indicated below, in accordance with no 2), of Resolution nº 316/2022, of the 13th of May.
• Health facilities and services, including pharmacies;
• Public passenger transport means, including passenger transportation by taxis or similar;
• Platforms and covered access areas to public transport, including airports and maritime terminals;
• In confirmed cases of COVID-19, in all circumstances, whenever the person is out of the location of isolation, until the 10th day after the onset of symptoms or a positive test result.